The training band is aimed at junior players who are learning brass and percussion instruments and looking to gain experience of brass banding prior to joining the main band. Over the years our training band has provided an accessible, secure, musical and social grounding for a many young players, even inspiring many to go on to study music at a University and subsequently play in brass bands as adults.
The Training Band offers the following to all members:
- Free weekly rehearsals during term time to develop their playing and offer mentoring to support lessons
- Free loan of an instrument, if required
- Music to play, both for improvement and ensemble pieces to perform
- Uniform and Stands for performance
- Opportunities to develop their playing experience: the Training band sits in with the main band several times a year to grow their experience and confidence
- Opportunities to perform: the Training Band gives a performance at the Lewes Lions Christmas Concert every year with other concerts planned through the year.
The training band rehearses every Thursday during term time from 7-7.45pm at the All Saints Centre, Lewes. The group is primarily aimed at young people of up to Grade 5 level, but adults who wish to brush up their skills if returning after a break are also very welcome.