LGB Brass Band is available to book for a range of events. We regularly play all kinds of events; concerts, outdoor events, private parties and weddings.
Please contact the band secretary, Jane Stewart by emailing email@example.com, or fill in the form below with some details and we can discuss how to make your event go with a swing.
Useful information when booking LGB Brass
The band can provide the following groups:
- Fanfare team
- 10 piece
- Full band
We can provide these groups for:
- Fetes, exhibitions and fayres
- Weddings, anniversary celebrations and birthdays
- Opening ceremonies or functions marking a special event
- Background music at your event
- Formal concerts
The costs depend on the size of group, when and how long you want us to play for. It’s usual for the band to play for not less than 20 mins at a time, with a minimum 20 minute break in between sets with refreshments for the band. As we are an amateur group, most of us work, so it is difficult to get players for a weekday daytime engagement.
Please ask the Secretary for a quote.
When you’re thinking about booking us, these are some things to consider and questions you may be asked:
- Is it a formal engagement?
- Will you want the Conductor to speak to an audience in between pieces, or are we background music?
- If you want specific pieces played, please think about what these are. We may need to buy these if they’re not in our (extensive) library.
- If it’s outside, the full band needs a minimum space of 7x7m, can you provide a tent or shelter? as we can’t play in the rain or wind, are we playing on grass or a hard surface?, we’ll need chairs without arms (about 28 for a full band), we’ve found that playing next to animals can spook them during louder pieces.
- The practical “on the day” bit. We’ll need: somewhere to securely store our instrument cases and personal belongings, nearby parking (most of us car-share), access to unload a van for larger instruments or percussion. Any briefing the conductor needs, special mentions etc.